Saturday, February 6, 2010

Susanne's Garden Moments

"Gardening in the dead of winter..." http://radioshow.com/station/s_31318/KABF_883.aspx @ 1:00 pm EST the first Saturday of the month is Susanne's Garden Moments. It is TODAY. I am excited about today's Show; I hope you will join me or blog me from this site.

Sometimes I get grumpy on my job. Have you ever experience that? By Friday, I am usually overly ready for the weekend. This morning I was thinking about my grumpiness, even dwelling on it, feeling bad that I had acted that way. My reflecting was now starting to ruin my Saturday. Are you with me? And then I couldn't get it off my mind.

All of a sudden I decided to take a little walk through the yard and garden. The sun is sort of shining here today. It is chilly, the wind is blowing, the clouds come and go, but it is a beautiful February day. There is a lot to do in the garden and yard at this time of the year and even that can be overwhelming. There are dead plants that need to be trimmed back soon, cleaning up the beds exposing whatever is "green". This morning in my little walk, I just walked, just looked. I checked what was living and what I might be able to do today.

Here is where I am going with this. My ENERGY doubled. My ATTITUDE improved tremendously. I can't explain it; I just noticed something about me and how I was FEELING and started to feel differently. That little walk changed me this morning quickly to be in a better mental place. I think it was just being outside in a place I love, feeling the fresh air, breathing it up and just looking around. Can I get an Amen?

Today's Show is not really about that, but it is. Being outside no matter how big or small your outside place is, it can re-energize us. I believe that. Breathing up some fresh air, especially now in the winter. I had to share that. Have a great winter day and I hope to "feel" you on the Show.

Susanne

1 comment:

  1. I can totally relate. Thanks for the reminder of how easy it really is to shift my thinking =)

    ReplyDelete